The Alzheimer's epidemic is upon us and we can only face it together!
Did you know someone in the United States develops Alzheimer's disease every 65 seconds? In fact, it has already become the 7th leading cause of death in New Jersey (and the 4th for women). By 2050, the number of people with dementia to grow to 29.5 million, double that of today.
When a person affected by dementia lives in poverty, their future is out of their hands and they are at an increased risk of injuries, homelessness, and premature death. Act Now Foundation addresses these issues by providing its services at no cost, including:
- Cognitive Assessments, because early diagnosis allows individuals to make their own end-of-life decisions.
- Long-term Care Planning, where we help individuals develop a care plan for their entire journey with the disease.
- Education Programs for family and professional caregivers, and older adults. Our programs focus on developing highly individualized care strategies, self-care, disease prevention, and more.
- Caregiver Support Solutions that target the educational, emotional, and social requirements of the participants.
- Advocacy & Outreach: we strive to spread awareness about dementia in the community and reach older individuals with the greatest economic or social need.
Donations are crucial for us to continue providing our programs and services. Donate to keep someone living with dementia safe at home with a higher quality of life.
Dementia affects 1 in 3 people over the age of 85. It's a disease that affects us all, whether we get it, we become a caregiver, or someone we know does. The clock is ticking - Join the fight today!
INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING 973-504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charities REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT." L.1994,c.16,s.21; amended 2005, c.283, s.12. Act Now Foundation does not provide medical advice. The contents herein are for informational purposes only and are not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. ANF does not endorse any of the resources listed herein or within separate sites linked to. The information contained within these directories is thought to be reliable but is not guaranteed to be accurate. It is primarily compiled from provider descriptions of their own services as well as other public data sources and is subject to change without further notice.